Dev Diary #22 – Animations, Magic, Cliff Diving
It was a very busy week.
- Julian left for holidays so he worked double shifts.
- We implemented animation concepts to better judge how animations feel in the game. Does this animation for that activity look good? Or does it look lame if watched 100 times?
- Rough animations for terraforming, telekinesis, area telekinesis, telekinesis throw were implemented. These animations will be replaced by smoother animations as soon as we know how they should look like.
- Fire fairies indicate that you stored a fire element and have it active. Don’t worry, they’re only temporary and will be replaced by a better effect.
- Logic behind the magic system was programmed. We changed the mechanics slightly for better playability and fun in combat.
- We’re testing the new mechanics with fire magic and implemented a fire blast and enhancing objects with fire magic.
- Rocks enhanced with fire magic explode. A little too violently.
- Sarahul now ragdoll, too, when they die.
- Sarahul lose balance when you terraform under them. For too long in the current build.