Dev Diary #64 – Sarahul Medium-Rare
We made lots of gameplay adjustments this week. So much in fact that Julian doesn’t even know what week it is.
- We were working on an unobtrusive tutorial system to show first time players how controls work.
- Roast enemies over a camp fire.
- Julian addresses concerns that grabbing an enemy with telekinesis might be too powerful. He explains.
- Sarahul scout AI was improved. A hit now also slows you down a bit. AI is very complicated to work on. Creatures tend to do unexpected things and debugging is not that easy.
- The feeling of lifting objects with telekinesis was overhauled. Light items should feel light and heavy items should feel heavier. It takes a lot of try and error to get the feeling about right.
- We have a button that teleports objects.
- As a side note: Julian just declared this dev diary #63 (because it’s cool in binary %111111). But don’t worry, it’s #64, you’re in the right place.
- Get into the discussion and join our forum: forum.sonofnor.com