Lead Artist (m/f)
You want to create awesome PC/console games for passionate gamers? Shape the look and feel of our games? Want to work right here with us in our cool office in the middle of the Alps? Or you maybe even like to work from home?
Our mission is to delivery unique game experiences embracing technical and gameplay challenges!
You are a creative individual, who can envision the looks of a game and communicate your ideas to the team. You can guide other artists and tech-artists to bring it to live and have a clear understanding of what makes an art-style intriguing and interesting.
You are able to balance art and production goals and inspire the team with your ideas within the constraints of the project.
You can act as lead to other internal and external artists and clearly be their central point of contact. Empower them to realize the vision and review their work so they can improve. Ultimately you strive to deliver the best game visuals possible!
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing
- Envision and communicate a consistent art-style (incl. writing ADDs)
- Lead artists, make reviews, provide feedback and guidance
- Lead and manage artist and strive to further improve their performance and quality
- Provide and maintain efficient asset workflows
- Collaborate remotely with other team-members
- Interface with tech to ensure the viability of your art vision
- Evaluate and incorporate feedback (esp. client/community feedback)
- Work on awesome core games for PC & consoles
- Work with two major game-engines: Unity and/or Unreal4.
- Work with a competent and enthusiastic team of game-devs
- Either work in our Innsbruck (Austria) office, or work from home
Who we’re looking for
- You have a minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience
- You love playing games, especially PC games!
- You can envision, formulate, maintain and communicate an art-style
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation
- You can lead, guide, work with and manage an art team
- You have great communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
- You have solid knowledge about game-engines (Unity/UE4), common and efficient workflows, tools & development processes
- You know your way around colors & shape-language
- You have a broad knowledge of art production in games
- You have the ability to work self-directed and reliably
- A varied knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC and console
- The ability to present ideas to the team and incorporate feedback
- You worked on at least one game project from start to finish as artist (preferably lead artist)
Nice to have
- You have a good technical understanding of game engines
- You are good at 3D modelling and texturing
- You are experienced in doing game art and sketches
- Knowledge of project management (agile, scrum)
- Experience in handling art outsourcing partners
- You are experienced in handling people (leadership)
- You have worked in a remote team before
- You worked with versioning systems like SVN or GIT
- You speak German
- You have a good understanding of the market: trends, tops, flops, Steam
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!