Game Designer (m/f)
You want to create awesome PC/console games for passionate gamers? Use top-notch tools and shape the design of our games? Want to work right here with us in our cool office in the middle of the Alps? Or you maybe even like to work from home?
Our mission is to delivery unique game experiences embracing technical and gameplay challenges!
You are a very creative individual, who can innovate and bring new ideas to the team. You will be able to balance design and production goals and inspire the team with your ideas within the constraints of the project.
You can act as the focal point for groups composed of different disciplines, and help drive features to completion while ensuring through your own work that the game is properly tuned and balanced. Ultimately you strive to deliver the best game experience possible!
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing
- Conceptualization and design direction of one or more project within the studio
- Writing High Concept Docs, GDDs, Pitch Docs, Vision Docs.
- Responsibility for the design vision and monitoring of that project throughout development
- Interface with art and code to maintain the vision
- Create the best possible game experience and iterate it constantly
- Evaluate and incorporate feedback (esp. community feedback)
- Work on awesome core games for PC & consoles
- Work with two major game-engines: Unity5 and/or Unreal4.
- Designing Levels, balancing values, configuring logical entities (e.g. units)
- Work with state-of-the-art tools & workflows
- Work with a competent and enthusiastic team of game-devs
- Collaborate remotely with other team-members
- Either work in our Innsbruck (Austria) office, or work from home
- Creativity! Pursuing the goals, we set out to reach!
- A varied knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC and console
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- A good understanding of development processes
- Experience using Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- The ability to present ideas to the team and incorporate feedback
- You worked on at least one game project from start to finish
- You are experienced in using Excel or similar
Nice to have:
- You have professional game design experience in the games industry
- You worked with versioning systems like SVN or GIT
- You speak German
- You have an Art or Tech background
- Solid knowledge of strategy, management and simulation games
- You have a background in story-telling and narrative design
- You have a good understanding of the market: trends, tops, flops, Steam
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!