You want to create awesome PC/console games for passionate gamers? Use top-notch tools and shape the design of our games? Want to work right here with us in our cool office in the middle of the Alps? Or even want to work remotely from home?
Our mission is to delivery unique game experiences embracing technical and gameplay challenges!
You are a creative individual who finds the fun in dry looking game rules. At first, you are able to design game systems and features that players love. You are able to write those ideas down in short, concise documents. After they have been implemented in a playable prototype, you balance and polish those systems to create an outstanding game experience. To do this, you have a passion for coming up with and explaining game rules to our team, your ideas of what makes the game great. You inspire us, create a common and strong vision, take criticism and feedback and turn them into improvements. You are reliable and always keep an eye on the project constrains like scope or budget.
You can act as the focal point for groups composed of different disciplines and help drive features to completion. Ultimately you strive to deliver the best game experience possible!
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing
- Work on systemic, mechanics driven strategy, management and simulation titles
- Design features and components for PC/console games
- Write comprehensive documentation about ideas and features
- Interface with production, art and code to achieve your design goals
- Work on a broad range of design disciplines – from system design, level design, player feedback, vision, narrative up to pitching new IPs
- Work with two major game-engines:
Unity and Unreal.
- Designing features, levels, balancing values, configuring logical entities
- Collaborate with a competent and enthusiastic team of game-devs in Innsbruck and some even remote across Europe
- Work in our awesome middle-of-the-alps office in Innsbruck or remotely from home
- Creativity! Pursuing the goals, we set out to reach!
- A good knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC and console
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation
- Highly motivated, reliable and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills (in English) and the drive to share information
- A good understanding of development processes
- Experience using Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- The ability to present ideas to the team and incorporate feedback
- You worked on at least one game project from start to finish
- You are experienced in using Excel or similar
Nice to have:
- You have several years of professional game design experience in the games industry
- You worked with versioning systems like GIT
- You speak German
- Solid knowledge of strategy, management and simulation games
- You have a good understanding of the market: trends, tops, flops, Steam
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag”.