We are looking for an Animation Artist to join our Art team.
An Animation Artist at stillalive studios takes part in creating the Animations for all out Characters, NPC and other assets (vehicles for example) in our games. In addition, out Artists are responsible for looking over Outsourcing files and feedbacking animations.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Create animations in tight collaboration with Tech Art and Art Direction and sets the benchmark for the animation style, guidelines and pipeline
- Create 3D animations in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction
- Report to the Project Manager on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project
- Integrate animations into the engine
- Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements if necessary
- Give Guidlines and Feedback to Outsourcers
- Use specific project tools (maya, blender) in order to achieve best results
- Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback
Based on your responsibilities, we are looking for the following skill set:
- Experience with Maya (additionally Blender).
- Good knowledge of in-engine animation techniques
- Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for the detail
- Rigging skills – you are able to create rigs for different purposes
- Very good communication skills
- Easily adaptable, able to learn fast about technical constraints from platforms, engines and software
- Responsible and resourceful
- Efficient and driven
- Work with two major game-engines: Unity and/or Unreal
- Good knowledge of animation techniques and rigging
- Positive attitude
- Good knowledge of English
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry
Nice to have:
- A varied knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC and console
- You have 2-3 years of related professional experience
- Knowledge of agile project management methodology
- You have worked in a remote team before
- You worked with versioning systems like GIT
- You have a good understanding of the market: trends, tops, flops, Steam
- You speak German
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).