We are looking for talented individual to join our Art team. As Environment Artist you take part in creating the Open Worlds in which our games take place. To meet the challenges ahead you are ideally experienced in modelling & texturing, as well as in level art & lighting. You should also have a strong understanding of composition and architecture principles.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Create environments in tight collaboration with Tech Art and Art Direction
- Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project’s artistic and technical direction
- Integrate assets and textures
- Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements if necessary
- Understand and apply graphic principles
- Use artistic references to improve visuals
- Use specific project specific tools (maya, blender, substance) in order to achieve best results
- Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback
Based on your responsibilities, we are looking for the following skillset:
- Experience in 3D modelling (high poly & low poly)
- Experience with Blender/Maya, Substance Painter, Photoshop etc.
- Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for the detail
- Very good communication skills
- Adaptable, able to learn fast about technical constraints of platforms, engines and software
- Responsible and resourceful
- Efficient and hardworking
- Work with two major game-engines: Unity and/or Unreal
- Use and maintain efficient asset workflows
- Positive attitude
- Solid verbal and written English
- Previous experience working in the games industry
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors
- A varied knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC and console
- You have more than 3 years of related professional experience
- Knowledge of project management (agile, scrum)
- You have worked in a remote team before
- You worked with versioning systems like GIT
- You speak German
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).