Game Designer (m/f)
You want to create awesome PC/console games for passionate gamers? Use top-notch tools and shape the design of our games? Want to work right here with us in our cool office in the middle of the Alps? Or you maybe even like to work from home?
Our mission is to delivery unique game experiences embracing technical and gameplay challenges!
You are a very creative individual, who can innovate and bring new ideas to the team. You are able to balance design and production goals and inspire the team with your ideas within the constraints of the project. You can work self-directed and reliably, but still love to share ideas and approaches with the team and co-designers.
You can act as the focal point for groups composed of different disciplines and help drive features to completion while ensuring through your own work that the game is properly tuned and balanced. You have a keen eye on the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI), ultimately to deliver the best game experience possible!
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing
- Get to work on system heavy, mechanics driven strategy, management and simulation titles
- Design features and components for PC/Console games
- Writing Concept Docs, GDDs, Pitch Docs, Vision Docs
- Take care of the UX of a game, making it shine
- Interface with art and code to maintain the design goals
- Evaluate and incorporate feedback (esp. community feedback) – Iterate!
- Work on a broad range of design disciplines – from level design, UI/UX, system design, narrative up to pitching new IPs
- Work with two major game-engines: Unity and Unreal.
- Designing Levels, balancing values, configuring logical entities (e.g. units)
- Collaborate with a competent and enthusiastic team of game-devs in Innsbruck and some even remote across Europe
- Work in our awesome middle-of-the-alps office in Innsbruck or remotely from home
- Creativity! Pursuing the goals, we set out to reach!
- A good knowledge of games across all fields and genres, especially core games for PC and console
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation
- Highly motivated, reliable and self-driven
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- A good understanding of development processes
- Experience using Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- The ability to present ideas to the team and incorporate feedback
- You worked on at least one game project from start to finish
- You are experienced in using Excel or similar
Nice to have:
- You have professional game design experience in the games industry
- You worked with versioning systems like SVN or GIT
- You speak German
- You are experienced working on UX and UI specifically
- You have an Art or Tech background
- Solid knowledge of strategy, management and simulation games
- You have a good understanding of the market: trends, tops, flops, Steam
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).