You are a passionate and very structured individual who likes working with buggy games, turning them into great experiences for people who love non-buggy-ones ^^? We create games that have a unique focus embracing technical and gameplay challenges. Come and work with us in our cool office in the middle of the Alps. It has a breath-taking, inspiring view.
You have a sixth sense for things that can go wrong in games. That’s why you know what needs to be tested. You are a good communicator that can interface with our producers as well as developers to explain them in detail what state the current game build is in and what’s necessary to bring them to a stable, enjoyable state. You can also walk the fine line between bugs that absolutely need to be fixed and fight for them, and letting less important bugs go that would put unnecessary strain on project timelines and the team.
You are experienced setting up testing plans based on the areas of the game that have been in development and you can organize our own internal QA, individual external testers or whole external testing facilities when we need high QA throughput and really want to hammer our games for stability and bugs.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- Create and manage test cases
- Organize our internal DevQA, supported by external testers
- Manage external QA facilities: briefing, plan, sanity check, performance evaluation
- Coordinate all testing efforts and create short- and long-term plans
- Organize internal and external playtests (user testing)
- Improve our testing workflows and pipelines (e.g. automated testing)
- Provide gameplay and technical feedback
- Support DevQA yourself: Perform scripted, ad hoc and regression testing
Who we´re looking for:
- You have a passion for games and game testing
- You have excellent communication and documentation skills
- You can lead people and teams
- You are very organized and structured
- You have the ability to work self-directed and reliably
- You have sound analytical skills
- You love playing PC/console games
- You have a good command of English (German optional), both written and spoken
Nice to have:
- Worked as QA Tester already
- Experience in management (e.g. producer, PM, QA Manager, etc.)
- Previous experience working in the software/game development industry
- Working experience with issue trackers (e.g. Mantis), test case management tools (e.g. MS Office and Wikis)
- Knowledge of QA methodology
- You speak German
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).