We are looking for a Sound Designer to join our game production team.
A sound designer at stillalive studio helps shape the audible world in our games. You will be able to participate in the whole process of sound creation. From conception to recording, design, and implementation.
Design environments (natural, sci-fi, fantasy), machines, weapons, engines, explosions, lasers and UI sounds in the DAW. Create sound systems (day night cycles, complex mechanisms for our simulation games) in FMOD and integrate sound events into Unity and Unreal respectively.
Audio is an important communications factor. You think about the mixing process, frequency domains and what meaning sounds convey to create an impactful and precise experience. You love to experiment and come up with creative solutions while always being mindful of our project constraints of time and budget.
You’re somebody that is passionate about games, technology, middleware, and especially DAWs. You like to geek out and find new ways of optimizing our workflows to make sound development more effective and fun.
We’re working on games for PC and consoles like XBOX, PlayStation and want to expand to mobile platforms too.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Work with our producers to create asset lists and adhere to plans and timelines
- Help create sound systems for different mechanics in our games
- Implement these systems in FMOD and Unity / Unreal, sometimes working closely with our programmers
- Design, create, edit, convert, manage lots of sound assets for our games, linear cutscenes, sometimes trailers and other video material while adhering to the audio direction using sound libraries or recording sound yourself
- Implement sounds into middleware like FMOD
- Implement FMOD event calls into our game projects within Unity or Unreal using C# or Blueprints / C++
Based on your responsibilities, we are looking for the following skill set:
- Solid knowledge of audio principles, audio tech, audio formats
- Solid knowledge of audio software (e.g. Reaper, Nuendo, EQs, Compressors, creative plugins)
- Experience in field recording, editing, exporting
- Practical knowledge of FMOD and
the audio capabilities of game engines (e.g. experience using core UE audio
implementation solutions such as Blueprints, SoundCue editor, Sound Class and
Passive Sound Mix system, Map Editor, adding Ambient Actors, Audio Volumes,
-> some audio coding required
- Audio play-testing and assurance of audio quality on target platforms
- Identifying, prioritizing and resolving audio bugs
- Good knowledge of English
What helps you stand out:
- You have 2-3 years of related professional experience
- Experience organizing, guiding or even directing voice-over sessions
- Experience editing and exporting voice-over recordings
- You have a home studio setup and can work remotely
- Passionate about playing and developing games
- Knowledge of project management (agile, scrum)
- You have worked in a remote team before
- You worked with versioning systems like SVN or GIT
- You speak German
What we offer:
- Very friendly, helpful teammates that organize board game events and do activities together, we’re like a family
- Super informal atmosphere
- Remote work
- A stunning office with a great view of the Tyrolean mountains if you come to the office
Addtional Note: This full-time position is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Allgemeine Tätigkeit” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag” (Verhandlungsbasis).